Saturday, February 7, 2009

Trade Monitors Updated

Trade Monitors have been updated to include the two major trades of the off-season. I suppose if we ever figure out who we're sending to Chicago for Rich Hill, I'll add that too.

I am taking down the Chris Britton for Jaret Wright trade. The Yankees got 2 WS out of Britton over two seasons and waived him this offseason. Britton performed well when he got a chance in 2007 but suffered thorough injuries in '08. On the other hand, the Orioles got only 10.3 innings from Wright during his Oriole career. The aftermath? Neither team got much value out of this trade. Wright's career is over and Britton was picked up on a minor league deal by San Diego.

I also added the Rodrigo Lopez trade. I had forgotten about it by the time I put the Trade Monitor together but seeing Jim Miller on the Spring Training invite list jogged my memory.

No comments: