Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fearless Predictions - Baltimore Orioles 2011

Looking at these predictions, they seem way less fearless than really obvious. At least some of them. But here they are anyway...


If Brian Roberts plays in 130 games, I'm going with 80 wins. If he ends up on the DL, 76 wins.

Zach Britton wins the AL Rookie of the Year. Yeah, Jeremy Hellickson is the odds on favorite but I think Britton comes up on the outside and catches him.

Adam Jones breaks out this season. A mild breakout, something like a .295/.340/.450. 20 home runs. But a breakout nonetheless.

I can't predict playing time but Nolan Reimold will finish the season with a higher OPS than Vladimir Guerrero. So will Luke Scott.

Jeremy Guthrie will, once again, have an ERA lower than his FIP. Probably significantly so.

Nick Markakis will hit 40 doubles. Again. Also will have at least a .360 OBP.

Matt Wieters hits 15 home runs. Anything else he does is anybody's guess.

Luke Scott will OPS north of .850.

Josh Rupe doesn't see May 15th in Baltimore. He sees it from Norfolk.

Zach Britton is in Baltimore before May 15th.

JJ Hardy will be a fan favorite by June 1st.

Matt Albers will outperform most of the Oriole pen while pitching for Boston.

Mark Hendrickson ends up playing a large role in the Oriole season. Take that as you will.

Mark Reynolds hits 30 homers and has 200 Ks.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

LOVE JJ Hardy. LOVE.

Anonymous said...

Roberts plays 150 games - O's win 88 games
Weiters hits 21 HR - bats .286
Britton NOT Rookie of the year but in top 3 in voting.
Reimold not on team till after All Star break when Vlad slows down (again)

DempseysArmy said...

Jeff - I like Hardy a lot. Not sure I LOVE him but like him a lot.

Anon - I really hope I'm not waiting until July to see Reimold in Baltimore. The rest of your predictions, I'll take them for sure. But since you are Anonymous, I won't be able to properly credit you when they come true!

Dave Mc said...

Zach Britton before May 15--CHECK!

DempseysArmy said...

Dave Mc - Yeah, they weren't so fearless after all I guess. If I would have said April 15th....

It does make my Britton for RoY look waaayyy better though!