Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Crystal Ball: Erik Bedard

Erik Bedard can be summed up (as far as I’m concerned) as Charlie Liebrandt with a good strikeout pitch.

I like this comparison because Bedard is coming into his age 28 season and Liebrandt’s age 28 season was the best of his career. I truly expect Bedard to contend for a Cy Young award this year. At least, if he stays healthy that’s what I expect.

I will be holding my breath all year hoping for good health for Erik. The Benson injury will not be felt as badly as people might think. Bedard going down for an extended period of time would be devastating for the O’s season. He threw nearly 200 innings last year but had never exceeded 150 innings before.

I’m going to assume (and hope for) good health. If he gets that, Bedard will make a quantum leap this season and be one of the best lefties in the American League.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Found y'all in my travels - good luck and the best for '07. Go Birds...

- Anthony, the Oriole Post

DempseysArmy said...

Thanks Anthony. I dig your blog BTW.

Unknown said...

No prob, man. Glad you love it.

I gave y'all some love this morning...