Thursday, March 8, 2007

Baltimore - 8 Mets - 7

I watched this afternoon's game and was really impressed with Daniel Cabrera. 3 IP, 0 runs allowed, 4 K's, NO WALKS. Even when he got behind on hitters, he didn't panic and just went about his business. Honestly, how can O's fans not be excited about this season?

I can't remember the last time Baltimore had a young player who was as fun to watch as Nick Markakis. Today, I watched him go from first to third on Aubrey Huff's groundball single to centerfield. Awesome.

Not that I have neglected to mention him before but I'm going to really start beating the drum for Adam Donachie. He is a fine defensive catcher and has hit a little bit this spring including a 3-run homer off El Duque in today's game. There has to be a place for him on this roster somewhere right? Is Bako really better behind the plate than this guy? I know it's only 9 plate appearances but he's hitting .375 and slugging .750...

Nice to see Jim Hoey turn in some nice work in the 9th striking out two and getting the save.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cabrera is really starting to get me excited about this season. This could finally be the year when he puts it all together!

DempseysArmy said...

Cautious optimism to be sure...

All the pitchers (even Steve Trachsel) have looked anywhere from serviceable to outstanding.