Thursday, June 28, 2007

"The Clemens Era Ends Tonight..."

My son is staying with my parents this week and my father, much to my chagrin, is an enormous Yankees fan. I was talking to my son last night at at the end of our phone call I said, "Tell Grandpa that the Clemens era ends tonight." And he did.

Yankees fans learned last night that having an ace under the age of 30 is much better than having an ace upwards of 40.

Erik Bedard out-Clemensed Roger Clemens by striking out 8 over 7 IP while Clemens struck out 0 for the first time in over 7 years. Bedard was masterful, giving up only two hits and a walk.

And tonight, Daniel Cabrera goes for the sweep against the overated Chien-Ming Wang.

Mike Boehm over at Oriole Magic has a great rant against Yankee fans. It's funny because it's true.

No comments: