Friday, February 23, 2007

My Lack of Rick Dempsey Coverage...

...has been noted by the guys at the Roar From 34 blog. And I quote:

"At least we’ll get to see Rick Dempsey doing Birds games. Surprisingly, the new
O’s blog
Dempsey’s Army doesn’t offer a take on the catcher’s move to MASN. Come on Dempsey's Army, he’s your namesake!"

Fair enough, I never did make a comment on Rick's move to calling the games versus coaching them. Part of this has to do with the fact that I am in the "Oriole diaspora" as I call it. I'm in the Atlanta suburbs and do not nor will see MASN broadcasts this year. (OK, that may change slightly this year as I plan on subscribing to MLB.tv to keep up with the O's better.) So MASN news is a little bit off my personal radar.

Frankly, I was disappointed that Rick "moved to the booth". I think he was a good and experienced coach and I like to see guys in Baltimore's organization who remember "The Oriole Way".

Still, if it means less airtime for Buck Martinez, I'm all for it! I think he will be good as a color commentator too.

So a belated good luck to Rick at his new gig. And go check out Roar From 34.

No comments: