And that is a misleading title. I'm not worried about Reimold over the course of the whole 2010 season. But I am concerned about how ready he'll be to play on Opening Day.
Reimold had surgery on his left Achilles tendon in September and I have been skeptical about how much he might be able to play the field this April. So far:
- Reimold has only appeared in 5 games this spring (6 counting tonight)
- He has appeared in most of those games as a DH
- He has not played the field since last Sunday
- He is 0-15 with no walks and three strikeouts (yeah, it's spring but Nolan didn't go 0-15 all last season)
- He has reportedly been gimpy and seen limping several times this spring
And if he can't play everyday, he may start the season on the DL.
It's not a gamechanger for the season but if you think Reimold is going to be 100% ready on April 5th, you're deluding yourself. He will not be.